Arson damages ARC Thrift Store fitting room in Loveland
Last Updated: 208 days ago
LOVELAND, Colo. - An arsonist damaged a charity's thrift store on Monday night.
A customer at the ARC Thrift Store in Loveland discovered the fire and started yelling at employees Monday about 5:40 p.m., Loveland police said.
An employee called 911 and said the fire was burning in a fitting room.
Loveland police said when they arrived, the fire was still smoldering in the fitting room and that firefighters with Loveland Fire Rescue Authority were able to keep the fire from spreading to the surrounding area.
No employees or customers were hurt.
Investigators determined that the fire was intentionally set inside one of the fitting rooms causing damage to clothing and the room, police said.
Police said ARC employees are reviewing security footage from the store and copying it for investigators.
If you were in the store or if you have information on this case, please call Detective Johnson at 970-962-2225.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.