Fire burns part of Longmont restaurant, Aunt Alice's Kitchen
Last Updated: 177 days ago
LONGMONT, Colo. - Fire burned part of a restaurant on a Main Street in Longmont early Tuesday morning.
A worker starting the grill at Aunt Alice's Restaurant around 4:30 a.m. said the fire started at the grill and spread into the ceiling, according to Jeff Satur with Longmont Police and Fire.
Employees said they tried to put out the fire themselves, then called the fire department.
The fire was put out by 5 a.m., according to dispatchers.
No one was hurt.
Aunt Alice's Kitchen serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The restaurant will be closed for a few days while repairs are made, Satur said.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.