Fire burns mobile home; Trailer park evacuated for gas leak
Last Updated: 394 days ago
LAKEWOOD, Colo. - A fire at a mobile home park on Monday morning sent a cloud of smoke over east Lakewood and west Denver and forced evacuations.
Two mobile homes on Mississippi Avenue near Pierce Street in Lakewood caught on fire around 7 a.m.
One person was hurt, but was not taken to the hospital, according to West Metro Fire. However, several cats died in the fire.
After the fire, residents started smelling natural gas.
Ambulances were brought in to help evacuate some residents to a nearby recreation center.
The evacuations were lifted about four hours later.
Officials with West Metro Fire told 7NEWS that as of 11 a.m., residents had electricity, but no gas.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.