LAKEWOOD, Colo. - Several explosions rocked an apartment complex in Lakewood Friday morning.
It happened on South Reed Court near So. Pierce Street and Kentucky Avenue around 4:45 a.m.
West Metro Fire division chief Gary Armstrong told 7NEWS that firefighters saw five blasts come from the boiler room -- one about every 10 minutes. They said they saw the flash and felt the concussion.
"Really an unusual call for us to actually witness five explosions with a concussion involved," Armstrong said.
Armstrong told 7NEWS that firefighters believe a natural gas leak caused the explosions, so they turned off the gas. However, there is no official word yet on the cause of the explosions.
Xcel Energy is on scene and checking each heating unit, Armstrong said.
One building with six units has been evacuated. No one was hurt.