JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. - The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office has a reminder for dog owners this week -- it's recommending you take a new, clear picture of your dog.
That's because more pets are lost on Independence Day, than any other day of the year, according to the Sheriff's Office.
Deputies are recommending:
- Make sure your dog is wearing a current ID tag
- Keep your dog indoors during fireworks
- Don't leave pets unattended, even in a secure yard
- Have current, clear photos of your pet, just in case
- Play music or the TV during fireworks, to help drown out the sound
- Don't coddle a frightened dog, instead try playing games or exercising to distract your pet