Dog bit in the eye by rattlesnake
Last Updated: 147 days ago
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - A dog is recovering after being bit in the eye by a rattlesnake.
Annie, a 4-year-old poodle, was in a yard in Ken Caryl Ranch last month when she stuck her nose in a hole and cried out.
Annie had been bit in the eye, according to the Veterinary Referral Center of Colorado.
Vets said the poodle was vomiting and very sick, then went into respiratory arrest. She was revived, but started having seizures and an allergic reaction.
Thanks to anti-venom and other treatment, she recovered and was able to go home, vets with the VRCC said.
The VRCC has seen four cases of dogs getting bit by rattlesnakes this summer and said pet owners should keep a close eye on their animals and their yards.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.