Discarded cigarettes cause two Douglas County fires within three days
Last Updated: 176 days ago
Discarded cigarettes are blamed for causing two Douglas County fires within the last three days, Sheriff's spokesman Deputy Chad Teller said.
Teller said the Sheriff's Office has a zero-tolerance policy for people who discard cigarettes carelessly.
"All violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," Teller said.
"Please be assured that we are enacting these laws for the safety and security for all residents residing within both incorporated and unincorporated areas of Douglas County," said Sheriff David Weaver in a statement provided by Teller. "We appreciate your cooperation during these extreme conditions."
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.