NEW YORK - Denver Broncos executive vice-president John Elway helped ring the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange Thursday morning.
"The New York Stock Exchange is excited to welcome members of the NY/NJ Super Bowl Host Committee, owners and executives from the Broncos and Seahawks, and other VIPs to ring the NYSE Opening Bell on Thursday, Jan. 30," NYSE officials said in a statement.
The following individuals rang the bell to highlight Super Bowl XLVIII:
- Al Kelly, President & CEO, Super Bowl Host Committee
- Jon Tisch, Co-Chairman, Super Bowl Host Committee and Co-Owner, New York Giants
- Woody Johnson, Co-Chairman, Super Bowl Host Committee and Owner, New York Jets
- John Mara, President, CEO & Co-Owner, New York Giants
- Peter McLoughlin, President, Seattle Seahawks
- Joe Ellis, President, Denver Broncos
- John Elway, Executive VP of Football Operations, Denver Broncos
- Paul Allen, Owner, Seattle Seahawks
- John Schneider, General Manager, Seattle Seahawks
"NYSE Super Bell Week highlights many of the world's greatest brands, unique companies and exciting events that help make the Super Bowl one of the world's most anticipated sporting events," officials stated.
The big game will take place at MetLife Stadium on Feb. 2.