Carbon monoxide forced students to evacuate from Nelson Hall at the University of Denver Friday
Last Updated: 205 days ago
DENVER - Dozens of students were evacuated from a dorm at the University of Denver on Friday morning.
Carbon monoxide detectors started going off at 3:30 a.m., according to the University of Denver's spokeswoman Kim DeVigil.
Denver firefighters were called out.
They found elevated readings of carbon monoxide, according to Denver Fire Lt. Phil Champagne.
Levels were high, but not dangerous, DeVigil said.
No one was hurt. Students were moved to nearby dorms.
DeVigil said maintenance engineers are investigating the source of the leak.
Students said this is the second time the carbon monoxide alarms have gone off recently.
Detectors were put in each dorm room after DU student Lauren Johnson died from carbon monoxide poisoning in an off-campus apartment in 2009.
Nelson Hall is on High Street at Warren Avenue. It houses second year students, according to D.U.'s website.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.