BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. - Thanks to all the recent snow in the high country, Breckenridge Ski Resort is extending its season.
Breckenridge will close April 27, instead of April 20.
Resort officials said Breckenridge was the snowiest resort in the U.S. in January and has received more than 28 feet of snow so far this season.
Breck will open three Peaks 6, 7 and 8 during the extra week. In past years’ extended seasons, only terrain on Peak 8 was open.
Other closing dates for Colorado ski resorts:
- March 16: Howelsen Hill (open Saturday and Sunday 3/22 and 3/23)
- March 30: Powderhorn, Purgatory at DMR, Sunlight
- April 6: Buttermilk, Crested Butte, Ski Cooper, Ski Granby Ranch, Telluride, Wolf Creek
- April 9: Monarch
- April 13: Aspen Highlands, Steamboat, Silverton
- April 20: Aspen Mountain, Copper, Snowmass, Winter Park, Beaver Creek, Keystone, Vail
- April TBA: Eldora
- May TBA: Loveland
- TBA Arapahoe Basin