Boulder's 2013 Winter Bike to Work Day is Wednesday, organizers expect record turnout
Last Updated: 118 days ago
BOULDER, Colo. - Boulder's 2013 Winter Bike to Work Day is Wednesday, and the weather is going to be perfect for it.
"Winter Bike to Work Day reminds cyclists that every day is a great day to bike in Boulder," said Boulder Transportation Planner Marni Ratzel.
Organizers say more than 1,300 people have already registered.
Eleven businesses will offer riders breakfast or hot drinks from 7 to 9 a.m.
Breakfast stations, provided by event sponsors, will be located at:
- Alfalfa's, 1651 Broadway St.
- Community Cycles, 2805 Wilderness Place, Suite 1000
- CU Bike Program, Broadway underpass at Euclid Avenue and the University Memorial Center
- Dushanbe Teahouse, 1770 13th St.
- Ideal Market, 1275 Alpine Ave.
- Moe's Broadway Bagel, 2650 Broadway St.
- Moe's Bagels on Arapahoe, 3075 Arapahoe Ave.
- Moe's Bagels on 28th Street, 3267 28th St.
- Page Two, 6565 Gunpark Drive
- Pedal to Properties, 1949 Pearl St.
- Rally Sport Health and Fitness, 2727 29th St.
Winter Bike to Work Day is presented by the City of Boulder/GO Boulder in partnership with the CU Boulder Environmental Center and the Boulder County Transportation Department.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.