Boulder Valley, St Vrain, Greeley-Evans and Weld County school districts closed Monday due to floods
Last Updated: 83 days ago
DENVER - Several school districts have decided to close Monday because of the continuing impact of the historic flood that has destroyed or damaged an estimated 19,000 homes.
SCHOOL DISTRICTS CLOSED
- Boulder Valley School District will be closed Monday, Sept. 16 and Tuesday, Sept. 17.
- University of Northern Colorado in Greeley closed Monday
- Greeley-Evans School District 6
- Platte Valley Sch Dist RE-7
- RE-1 Valley District-Sterling
- St Anthony Catholic School
- St Vrain Valley School District
- Thompson School Dist. R2-J
- Weld County RE-1
- Weld RE-5J School District
- Jefferson School District will close these 12 schools:
• Coal Creek Canyon K-8
• Ralston Valley High
• Oberon Middle
• Meiklejohn Elementary
• Van Arsdale Elementary
• West Woods Elementary
• Evergreen High
• Evergreen Middle
• Wilmot Elementary
• Parmalee Elementary
• Bergen Valley Elementary
• Bergen Meadow Elementary
- Windy Peak and Mt. Evans Outdoor Lab schools also closed this week
- Estes Park School District R-3's high school will be open to receive children, Kindergarten through 12th grade, on Monday, September 16th at 8:00 a.m. in an effort to support those families who don't have the option of keeping their children at home during this time of need. Families are encouraged to keep students at home if it is felt that home is the safest environment for them. Bus transportation services will not be provided.
There will be supervised activities determined by the needs of the students present, and we have the expectation that if students report in they will remain on campus for the entirety of the day (8:00 a.m. -- 3:20 p.m.).Students are NOT required to attend. The district will honor all families that prefer to keep their children home during this time and without academic penalty.
Get a complete list: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/weather/closings
CU Boulder and CSU in Fort Collins said they will reopen on Monday.
Poudre School District is monitoring the weather and road conditions. A decision about the status of school for Monday will be made before 5 a.m. Monday morning.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.