Boiler explosion blamed for small fire, smoke at Union Station, Crawford Hotel

DENVER - A small explosion and fire forced evacuations at Union Station's new Crawford Hotel early Friday morning.

Denver Fire told 7NEWS a hot water boiler in the basement exploded around 1 a.m. The explosion caused a lot of smoke and a small fire.

About 100 guests were evacuated for about an hour.

Denver Fire said there is extensive damage to the new boiler and the boiler room.
 

 
 
Print this article Back to Top