AURORA, Colo. - Aurora made it official Monday night -- the city is limiting its residents to twice a week watering this year.
Aurora's City Council passed a resolution Monday night declaring a Stage I drought and implemented two day per week watering restrictions until September 30.
- Addresses that end in an odd number will water Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Addresses that end in an even number will water on Thursdays and Sundays
- All other properties (multi-family, HOAs, commercial, industrial, government): Tuesdays and Fridays
"This watering schedule mirrors most of the other Front Range communities, including Denver Water," according to a news release from Aurora Water.
However, Aurora Water said its drought restrictions do not include surcharges or other fees.
As of Monday, Aurora’s reservoirs were at 47 percent of capacity, a level officials said has not been seen since 2002.
-- Other drought restrictions --
- Denver: Denver Water, Colorado's largest water utility, declared a Stage 2 drought last month and issued mandatory watering restrictions starting April 1. Homes with addresses ending in even numbers may water Sunday & Thursday. Homes with addresses ending in odd numbers may water Saturday & Wednesday. All other properties (multi-family, HOAs, commercial, industrial, government) may water Tuesday & Friday.
- Castle Rock: City Council has limited watering to every third day from June through September.
- Colorado Springs: Effective April 1, outdoor landscape watering is allowed two days a week on designated days.
- East Cherry Creek Valley Water: Irrigation season begins on April 15. Watering is limited to twice per week for residential and small commercial customers.
- Fort Collins: Level 1 water restrictions began April 1. Lawn watering allowed two days per week -- even residential addresses on Thursday and Sunday, odd residential addresses on Wednesday and Saturday and commercial/businesses, multi-family and HOA on Tuesday and Friday.
- Northglenn: Encouraging residents to reduce their water use by 10 percent.
- Parker Water & Sanitation: Voluntary 3 times per week watering schedule.
- Thornton: Turf watering not allowed until after April 15. Turf can be hand-watered occasionally before that, if necessary. After April 15, turf watering is limited to twice per week.