Arvada Fire Department rescues 3 people, 2 dogs from home with elevated levels of carbon monoxide
Last Updated: 331 days ago
ARVADA, Colo. - The Arvada Fire Department rescued three people and two dogs from a home with elevated levels of carbon monoxide on Monday.
Arvada firefighters were initially called to the home because someone was not feeling well, according to Arvada spokeswoman Deanna Harrington.
Firefighters determined the problem was carbon monoxide from a faulty pool boiler, Harrington explained.
Three people were taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Two dogs were taken to an animal hospital.
"Thankfully everyone was okay," said Arvada Fire on Facebook.
It appears the family had no carbon monoxide detectors, Harrington said.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.