BLACK FOREST, Colo. - The fire department that first responded to a wildfire that killed two people in the Black Forest community last year says it will publicly discuss the findings of a review of how it reacted to the blaze.
Black Forest Fire/Rescue District officials have scheduled a news conference for Wednesday.
The fire started in June northeast of Colorado Springs and destroyed 486 houses. It's considered the most destructive wildfire in Colorado history.
El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa has criticized Black Forest Fire/Rescue Chief Bob Harvey's handling of the blaze.
The war of words began in November when Harvey said the fire was human caused.
Harvey and Dave Fisher, an investigator who compiled the report on the response, will discuss an executive summary of the report at the news conference.
Black Forest Fire/Rescue spokeswoman Kathy Russell says agency officials haven't decided whether or how much of the report will be made public.
A second team is investigating the cause of the fire, that report has not been released.