BROOMFIELD, Colo. - An accidental chemical reaction caused a vapor cloud to be released at a Broomfield business late Wednesday night, according to North Metro Fire.
The chemical reaction happened in a 55-gallon barrel at the business on Industrial Lane, near U.S. 36.
North Metro Fire said two employees moved the barrel outside.
North Metro Fire said it was waiting for the barrel to cool, but no evacuations were necessary and no one was hurt.
Accidental chemical reaction in 55 gal. barrel caused release of vapor cloud. Two employees moved barrel outside. No injuries.— North Metro Fire (@NMFirePIO) August 14, 2014
West Metro, Arvada and Adams County assisted with the situation.