VAIL, Colo. - A natural gas leak in Vail has been fixed and evacuation orders have been lifted.
The Vail Fire Department tweeted Monday that the leak was caused by a contractor drilling operation in the 1500 block of Matterhorn Circle, on the west end of Vail. A similar gas leak occurred last week.
Vail Fire said 80 to 100 people were evacuated from the Eagle Point Condos and an unknown number from homes on Matterhorn Circle.
The fire department tweeted around 1 a.m. Tuesday that the gas leak had been stopped and Xcel Energy crews had begun repairing the damaged pipe.
Power and gas was restored Tuesday morning and the evacuations were lifted at 10:40 a.m., according to Vail Fire.
The Red Cross assisted with evacuee relocation.