2 teens arrested after confrontation with Colorado Springs Police

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Two juveniles were issued summonses after with Colorado Springs Police said they got into an altercation with officers.

On Friday afternoon, officers were dispatched to the 1600 block of Eyrie Drive to investigate a disturbance.

Officers talked to a man who stated he has had problems with rocks being thrown through his home windows. Friday afternoon, he saw three juveniles who he believed were the suspects walking down the street. He took photos of the juveniles to give to police

The homeowner said the juveniles confronted him about taking the photos. One of the juveniles, a 16-year-old male, came onto the homeowners property and swung a skateboard at the home owner in a threatening manner.

When the officers arrived, the homeowner and a witness described the juveniles. They directed the officers to the 1700 Block of Big Horn Trail. The officers attempted to contact the juveniles, who were outside by a vehicle.

Police said the juveniles were verbally noncompliant with the officers as they approached. As the officers spoke to the suspect, he suddenly punched and shoved one of the officers and began running into a home at the location. The officers pursued the juvenile into the home.

The juvenile was yelling for his father, and as the officers entered a bedroom behind the juvenile, the father, who had been sleeping, struck one of the officers in the head with a fist. The second officer saw the assault and used his TASER on both the juvenile and the father.

A second juvenile on scene tried to prevent officers from exiting the home with the suspects by blocking the doorway.  That juvenile was also arrested, police said.

One 16-year-old was charged with felony menacing, tresspassing and second degree assault on a police officer. He was booked into Spring Creek Detention Center. The second 16-year-old was charged with obstructing a police officer and was released on a summons. The father was not charged with a crime, based upon further investigation into the incident.

Print this article Back to Top