2 dogs die in Superior duplex fire

SUPERIOR, Colo. - Two firefighters were injured and two dogs died in a duplex fire in Superior Sunday afternoon.

The fire started in a duplex that was occupied but the residents were able to get out safely.

The fire was reported at about 2 p.m. in 300 block of 3rd Avenue and smoke from the fire could be seen for several miles.

One firefighter received smoke inhalation and another was injured when a piece of the ceiling fell on him.

Firefighters from several departments battled the blaze.

The duplex is likely a total loss.

The fire triggered a few power outages.

Print this article Back to Top