1 person injured, 2 pets killed in fire at Bill's Clips and Collars pet grooming business in Denver

DENVER - A fire at a Denver pet grooming and boarding business injured one person and killed two pets on Tuesday night, fire officials said.

The fire began at about 9:45 p.m. at Bill's Clips & Collars, located at 2140 S. Albion St.

Denver Fire Division Chief Tony Berumen said responding firefighters encountered intense flames coming from the back of the building.

Several people got out of the building on their own, Berumen said. One person was transported to the hospital with smoke inhalation.

Two animals being boarded at the shop died, but fire officials didn't say what types of pets they were.

Several pets survived and will be turned over to animal control, Berumen said. Animal control officers will notify pet owners.

Berumen said the cause of the fire isn't known and the investigation is continuing.

Print this article Back to Top