1 hospitalized after house fire in Lakewood

LAKEWOOD, Colo. - One person was hospitalized Friday morning after a fire swept through their home.

The fire started around 2:30 a.m. at the house on South Chase Street in Lakewood. That's near Sheridan and West 1st Avenue.

Firefighters said smoke alarms woke the family of three. They smelled smoke, escaped the home and called 911.

The fire damaged the basement, the main floor and went into the attic, firefighters said.

There is no word yet on the condition of the victim taken to the hospital.

Print this article Back to Top