WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - An attempted robbery suspect changed his mind after he recognized the clerk at the convenience store he walked into.
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office said the masked man, wearing a hoodie, walked into the Quick Save convenience store located at 4895 Ward Rd., in Wheat Ridge, at noon Tuesday.
The store clerk said the suspect looked at him and said, "(Expletive), I was going to rob this place but I know you."
The suspect then asked the clerk, "Do you know me?" When the clerk replied he did not recognize the man, the suspect said, "Good" and walked out of the store while giving a "thumbs up" sign to the clerk.
The suspect left in an older, 1990s, full-size, gray or silver four-door sedan. It has dark purple tinted windows and no visible license plates. He was wearing a blue hoodie jacket, blue bandana, blue jeans, and red and yellow shoes. He had the bandana over the lower half of his face and the hoodie pulled over his head.
Shortly after the attempted robbery at the Quick Save, a 7-Eleven was robbed by a man fitting the same description, located at W. 58th Ave. and Ward Road in Arvada.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is asked to call the Jeffco Sheriff’s Office tip line at 303-271-5612.
More Local News:
- Colorado man, partner reach top of El Capitan
- 10 Denver police officers honored for actions
- Judge denies request to delay Holmes' trial
- 5 new victims claim sex assault by fake masseur
- Man accused of exposing himself on Light Rail
- Report: Broncos' Del Rio hired as Raiders' coach
- Colorado Senate considering limits for drones
- Several self-quarantined for measles in Colorado