Discarded cigarette suspected as cause of fire at Westminster home
Last Updated: 115 days ago
WESTMINSTER, Colo. - A discarded cigarette is believed to be the cause of a fire that started on the rear patio of a Westminster home near 72nd Ave. and Ingalls St. at 11:30 a.m. Monday.
Diana Wilson, spokeswoman for the Westminster Fire Department, says no one was home at the time of the fire. It was reported by a neighbor who spotted the smoke.
Photographs Wilson shared show the fire climbed the rear wall of the home up to the eaves above the second floor. The roof over the patio and everything on it appeared to have been damaged.
The value of the damage has not been estimated yet, Wilson said.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.