LOVELAND, Colo. - Volunteers are wanted to help meet the goal of providing 30,000 free sandbags this weekend to residents of Larimer County.
Larimer County recovery manager Suzanne Bassinger said the county is working with the Red Cross and SERVE 6.8 to recruit and coordinate the effort. There are six shifts available for signup between Thursday and Sunday at The Ranch, near the Budweiser Events Center on the County Fairgrounds. The work area can be found by using the north entrance off of CR5.
According to the signup sheet, a meal will be provided but volunteers are instructed to bring sunblock, sturdy shoes and water.
As the bags are filled, they will be made available at the following locations:
- ESTES PARK: 1754 Fish Hatchery Rd: Bags on Site
- GLEN HAVEN: Fire Station: Coming Soon
- DRAKE: South side of HWY 34 & East of River Fork Rd Bridge: Coming Soon
- WEST LOVELAND: East of N County Rd 27, South side of HWY 34 (CDOT Right-Of-Way): Coming Soon
- RIST CANYON: VFD Station 1: 11835 Rist Canyon Rd: Coming Soon
- RIST CANYON: Just South of 4390 Stove Prairie Rd: Coming Soon
- POUDRE PARK: 10069 Poudre Canyon Rd: Coming Soon
- BELLVUE: Watson Lake 1936 W Rist Canyon Rd: Coming Soon
- LOVELAND/FORT COLLINS: The Ranch, 5280 Arena Cir: Bags on site/Call to Schedule a pick-up – Zane Strange 970-214-0020
Sign up to fill sandbags at this link: https://serve68.doodle.com/mgpxy3mzprq6edmv
Bassinger also said this program will continue throughout the summer.