HIGHLANDS RANCH, Colo. - A family eating inside a Chinese restaurant in Highlands Ranch Thursday narrowly missed being shot when a man inside the restroom accidentally discharged his gun.
The family eating at the Pei Wei at Colorado Boulevard and Venneford Ranch Road when a bullet came through the men's bathroom wall and into the dining area, witnesses told 7NEWS.
Deputies responded to the 7 p.m. incident, initially on a report that there had been an explosion, Douglas County Sheriff's Office spokesman Ron Hanavan said.
Later it was determined that there had been an accidental discharge of a firearm and Michael Swensen, 28, was taken into custody, Hanavan said.
Swensen could face multiple charges including prohibited use of a weapon, Hanavan said.
Customers inside the restaurant were startled by the shooting, but no one was hurt.