Douglas County School District evacuates Sage Canyon Elementary School over nearby gas leak
Last Updated: 232 days ago
DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. - Sage Canyon Elementary was evacuated because of a gas leak in the neighborhood near the school, according to the Douglas County School District.
The school district emphasized the evacuation was a precaution.
The district said students were taken to Douglas County High School's North Gym, where parents will be allowed to pick them up. Students who normally ride the bus home will be transported according to their regular routes.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.