BROOMFIELD, Colo. - A Broomfield family awoke to the sound of fire popping and crackling early Saturday morning.
One member of the family heard the sounds and smelled the smoke around 3:45 a.m., Ross Riley with the North Metro Fire Rescue District reports. That resident woke the other six people who live in the home in the 1700 block of Cedar Street and got them outside.
There were no reported injuries, Riley said.
The Red Cross and the City of Broomfield are helping the family find somewhere else to live temporarily because the kitchen suffered moderate damage.