Boulder woman seriously burned in apparent cooking accident, police say
Police: Stove apparently ignited woman's clothing
Last Updated: 220 days ago
BOULDER, Colo. - A Boulder woman who suffered serious burns in an apparent cooking accident Monday morning has been airlifted to a burn unit in Aurora, police said.
Boulder police spokeswoman Kim Kobel told the Daily Camera a man came home to his house in the 4500 block of MacArthur Lane around 10:30 a.m. Monday and found his wife with her clothing on fire.
The man told police he was able to douse the fire with water and drive his wife to Boulder Community Hospital's Foothills campus, across the street from MacArthur Lane. The woman was eventually airlifted to the University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora.
Police radio traffic indicated the woman had suffered burns to about 80 percent of her body, but Kobel could not confirm the extent of the woman's injuries, the Camera reported.
Kobel said the investigation is ongoing, but it appears the woman's clothes may have caught on fire as she was cooking with an electric stove.
For tips on how to stay safe while cooking, visit the U.S. Fire Administration's website.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.