Freeze Warning issued April 30 at 2:51PM MDT expiring May 1 at 8:00AM MDT in effect for: Baca, Bent, Crowley, Custer, El Paso, Fremont, Huerfano, Kiowa, Las Animas, Otero, Prowers, Pueblo, Teller
A lawsuit by relatives of a Denver family killed by carbon monoxide in an Aspen-area house has been filed against companies that worked on the house and Pitkin County building inspectors. The lawsuit filed Wednesday in Denver District Court alleges that gross incompetence led to the 2008 deaths of Parker and Caroline Lofgren and their two children, ages 8 and 10. The family won a church auction for a getaway in the $9 million Aspen-area home over the Thanksgiving weekend.A second family, who also won a silent auction for the right to stay at the home during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, found the bodies in beds in the home when they arrived.Authorities said carbon monoxide detectors were not installed in the home. Pitkin County Manager Hilary Fletcher declined Wednesday to comment on specific claims until she saw a copy of the lawsuit. A grand jury in July indicted the owner of a plumbing and heating company and two county building inspectors, now retired, in the deaths.