2 apartment buildings on University of Colorado-Colorado Springs campus evacuated due to gas leak

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo - Students living in two dorms on the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs campus were evacuated Monday morning because a nearby gas line rupture.

Students living in the Antero and Shavano buildings of UCCS student housing were evacuated to Crestone in the Alpine Village housing area around 10 a.m, according to the school's website.

A construction crew working in the 4600 block of Stanton Road struck a natural gas line Monday morning.

The evacuation is a precautionary move and there is no danger at this time, the university said.

Crews from the Colorado Springs Fire Department are on standby and a hazardous materials team has been called to investigate.

Traffic in the area is being detoured.

 

Print this article Back to Top