Baby name trends in 2013 by Nameberry.com
- Baby name site Nameberry.com lists its 14 top trends for baby names in 2013.
- Long/Short Names -- Goodbye, two-syllable names. Cutting edge parents are interested in either super short or super long names like Cole, Zane, Arabella and Theodora.
- Secret Names -- A trend among celebrity parents right now is keeping their child's name (and even gender) a secret for a long period of time -- if not permanently.
- Ancient Names -- HBO's "Rome" and "The Hunger Games" have kindled the interest in ancient names like Augustus and Atticus for boys and Athena and Maeve for girls.
- Etta was in the Top 100 baby names in the 19th century, but fell off the charts until the recent death of famed jazz singer Etta James. Now it's starting to pop up everywhere.
- Leonine Names -- Leo has been a fixture with the rise of Leonardo DiCaprio, but other "leonine" names are now getting trendy, like Leon, Lionel, Leopold and Leonora.
- Double "L" Names -- All those little girl names with lots of lilting "Ls" -- such as Lily, Lila and Lola -- are now on the decline.
- Meaningful Place Names -- Reese Witherspoon named her baby Tennessee in honor of where she was raised and her mother's native state. Other celebs are also choosing names of places with emotional significance.
- Midcentury Nicknames -- Maybe it's the "Mad Men" craze, but midcentury nicknames seem to be getting more and more popular. Try Hank, Hal, Millie or Lou on for size.
Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
- Scandinavian Names -- Some of these names have already been introduced through celebrities like Viggo Mortensen, but others like Kai, Magnus, Linnea, Astrid, Soren and Leif are also on the rise.
Jason Merritt/ Getty Images
- Names -- William has always been a favorite among boy names, but now other "W" names are getting recognition, like Weston, Wesley and Wyatt for boys and Willa, Willow and Winnie for girls.
A Denver police officer was in an accident involving a motorcycle on northbound Interstate 25 near the Alameda Avenue exit Tuesday morning.
Temperatures will remain about 5 to 10 degrees below normal, with some scattered showers this afternoon.
Thieves are able to steal cars with the help of unsuspecting tow truck companies and 7NEWS found the loophole will remain wide open.
The City of Loveland says an equipment malfunction on March 25 resulted in some water not being properly coagulated, a process that removes bacteria and particles.
Patrick Corbin tossed a three-hitter for his first complete game and the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the Rockies 5-1 Monday night.
Colorado's government is offering assistance to Oklahoma after a massive tornado devastated the town of Moore Monday afternoon.