Aspen DA: Probe Continues Into 2008 Carbon Monoxide Deaths
Denver Family Died In Aspen Home During Thanksgiving Holiday
Last Updated: 1466 days ago
The Pitkin County district attorney's office said a year after a family's deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning, the case is important despite no action so far by a grand jury. Chief Deputy District Attorney Arnold Mordkin said last week that a grand jury was convened earlier this year in part to consider the deaths of Parker and Caroline Lofgren of Denver and their two children, ages 8 and 10. The Lofgrens were found dead the day after last Thanksgiving in an Aspen-area home where they were spending the holiday. Investigators said a disconnected exhaust pipe leaked the odorless gas into the house. The home didn't have a carbon monoxide detector even though a county ordinance required one. A state law approved this year requires most new homes to install detectors.