Games, vegetable gardens top landscaping trends for 2013
Last Updated: 326 days ago
Designscapes Colorado Inc. lists the top gardening gardening trends for 2013.
1. Foraging /Sustainability - More consumers are connecting with the "grow your own produce" trend/
2. Backyard Games - As an extension to the outdoor living spaces popularity, backyard games are very popular such as lawn bowling, croquet and Bocce Ball.
3. Bright Colors - Bright yellow, pink, green and blues are "hot colors" for 2013. These will be used in flower colors and planters, for example.
4. Metallics - Gold, Silver and other reflective metal pots, planters and objects will be incorporated in landscapes.
5. Houseplants/Tropicals - Becoming very popular again as their health benefits contribute to the overall "wellness" lifestyle.
6. Fruit & Vegetables In Containers - Incorporation of fruits, vegetables and herbs along your seasonal color will be popular in 2013.
7. Urban Meadows - Look for beautiful spaces of flowers and plantings among the urban corridors.
8. Vertical Gardening/Eco Walls - These panels and walls are works of art in themselves. Succulents have made beautiful displays of vertical plantings.
9. Technology - There are so many apps now for smart phones that gardening and landscapers are using now.
For more landscaping and decorating tips, visit www.designscapescolorado.com/news.
Copyright Designscapes colorado, Inc,