With tax day Monday, one Denver post office will be extending its hours to midnight to accommodate the parade of late drop-offs.
All area post office retail windows will be open with regular customer service hours. The only location that will be open until midnight will be at 7500 E. 53rd Place.
The following Denver locations will not have counter service, but will have drop-off collection boxes. Items dropped off at these locations will be stamped until midnight.
- Bear Valley Station, 7555 W. Amherst
- Capital Hill Station, 1571 Marion St.
- Downtown Station, 951 20th St.
- Glendale Station, 945 Birch St.
- GMF Finance Sta 7500 E 53rd Place
- Lakewood Station, 10799 W. Alameda Ave.
- Mile High Station, 450 W. 14th St.
- Montclair Station, 8725 E. 11th Ave.
- North Pecos Station, 1411 Cortez St.
- Northglenn Station, 11887 Washington St.
- South Station, 225 S. Broadway
- Sullivan Station, 8700 E. Jefferson Way
- University Park Station, 3800 Buchtel Blvd.
Tax mailing tips:
- Apply the proper postage or stamps, especially if enclosing extra forms and schedules. Using a regular size Number 2 envelope, First Class postage costs 46 cents for the first ounce.
- For heavier envelopes, add extra stamps or postage of 20 cents for each additional ounce.
- If you are not sure about the correct postage, it is best to add additional stamps, or take your forms to the Post Office to ensure that correct postage is applied.
- Make sure you print the proper IRS address on the front of the envelope.
- Print your return address in the upper-left-hand corner of your tax mail envelope.
- Customers who wish certification that their tax mail form was sent, should send it Certified Mail
- Customers with tax questions can contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040; or go to www.irs.gov