November is the month that brings us some of the most-hyped sales of the year, with Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and now Thanksgiving Day (sometimes called Black Thursday).
So you would logically think this is the best month to buy almost anything, with deep markdowns day after day.
-- What to Buy Now
Deal News says November certainly brings great deals, such as big price cuts on TV's, other gadgets, and kitchen appliances around Thanksgiving and the days following.
Deal News says November, especially around Black Friday, is a great time to buy:-
- HDTV's: Thursday night and Friday morning after Thanksgiving will bring some of the lowest prices of the year.
- Tablets: Stores either slash prices on tablets, or hand out store gift cards in the case of iPads.
- Kitchen Gadgets: Black Friday is the best day of the year to buy toasters, hand mixers, and other kitchen gadgets. Macy's, Sears, JC Penney, Kohl's and other stores typically offer these items for $9, which is often half retail price. They are essentially loss leaders for the store, just to get you in the door.
- Candy: The first 2 weeks of November bring the lowest candy prices of the year, as stores offer leftover Halloween candy for 50 percent, even 90 percent off in some cases. Hey, who cares if it looks like a pumpkin or ghost?
-- What to Wait On
But Deal News says some things are cheaper in December, if you can wait a couple of weeks.
It says November is not yet the best time to buy:
- Toys: Despite all the Black Friday hype, the best time to buy toys is two weeks before Christmas, according to Deal News. It says the big price cuts take place after stores see what did not sell well the weekend of Black Friday.
- Apple's iPad 2: This second generation iPad is still on sale for $399, but Deal News says it is no bargain at that price. It says the iPad 2 is essentially a dinosaur among tablets. It suggests looking for closeout deals on the soon to be discontinue iPad 4, that has the latest camera and Retina display.
- Winter Clothing: Deal News says you will find good markdowns on Black Friday. But if you miss Black Friday (or just don't want to deal with the crowds), you should wait until the week before Christmas, when stores start slashing prices on unsold sweaters, scarves, hats, and gloves. And the best prices on winter clothing are after Christmas.
So happy shopping, and don't waste your money.