DENVER - Tired of dealing with the traffic on I-70 on Sunday afternoons?
The Colorado Department of Transportation is launching a campaign called "Change your Peak Time" to get people to stay in the mountains and avoid the gridlock.
CDOT has partnered with the I-70 Coalition to offer discounts, deals and incentives for travelers to stay in the mountains for an extra hour or two or even spend the night on Sundays.
The deals, as of January 21, included:
- $109 Sunday stay over (hotel rooms) through Breckenridge Ski Resort (based on availability)
- $69 Sunday stay at the Gateway Inn in Grand Lake
- 50% off Sunday lodging at Destination Resorts Vail Lionshead and Comfort Inn Vail/Beaver Creek
- $79 Sundays at Winter Park Mountain Lodge
- $1 house coffee at Java Mountain Roasters in Idaho Springs after 4 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays
- $2 off admission at the Silverthorne Rec Center after 4 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays
- $5 quick wax at Peak Sports at Copper Mountain on Saturdays and Sundays after 4 p.m.
- 10% off all food after 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays at the Alpine Restaurant & Bar in Georgetown
See the full list of deals and rules on GoI70.com.
Thanks to Amy Ford at CDOT for this tip. If you see a deal, e-mail me Debbie (Debbie@thedenverchannel.com).