WINDSOR, Colo. - A Windsor meat company is expanding a recall of meat and poultry that was produced in unsanitary conditions.
The U.S. Agriculture Department announced the expanded recall Thursday. There have been no reports of illness from the recalled products.
Products subject to this recall and expansion may be identified by the following brand names and bear the establishment number "Est. 20309" or "P-20309" inside the USDA Mark of Inspection. Products that do not bear the establishment number "Est. 20309" or "P-20309" inside the USDA Mark of Inspection would not be included in this recall.
Products subject to the recall expansion include various meat and/or poultry products from the following brands:
- Four Sisters Farm
- Heart Rock Bison
- High Point Bison
- Luc's Pizza
- Mountain States Poultry & Meats
- Rocky Plains Quality Meats
- Schmidt's Bakery & Deli
- Wag's Livestock
- Wayne's Specialty Meats
- Windsor Dairy
- Wyoming Pure Beef
- Yauk's Specialty Meats
The following products are subject to the recall announced on Dec. 9:
- "Colorado’s Best Beef" brand various fresh, smoked and shelf-stable meat products
- "James Ranch" brand jerky and summer sausage
- "Rocky Plains Meats" brand hams, bacon, raw and smoked sausage, jerky and raw poultry
- "Long Family Farms" brand fresh and smoked pork products
- "Horned Beef" brand jerky
- "Mile High Hungarian Sausage" brand fresh and smoked bacon and sausage
All products being recalled are packaged in retail-ready packaging of various sizes. The products were produced between April 1, 2013, and Dec. 5, 2013 and can be identified by four-digit Julian dates ranging between 3091 and 3339. The products were sold in Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming.
The USDA Food Safety Inspection Service reported unsanitary conditions including rodent activity. FSIS has suspended the assignment of inspectors at the establishment, and the investigation is ongoing. It was discovered during the ongoing investigation that additional products should be removed from commerce.