No Purchase Necessary: No purchase or payment of any money is necessary to enter. Purchase will not improve the chances of winning. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- Eligibility: Must be at least 21 years old to win Grand Prize. Must reside in the KMGH-TV Designated Market Area (DMA) as determined by Nielsen Media Research Services are eligible to enter. This area covers the following counties in the Denver area: State of Colorado: Denver, Jefferson, Arapahoe, Adams, Adams, Boulder, Douglas, Broomfield, Elbert, Park, Clear Creek, Gilpin, Alamosa, Archuleta, Chaffee, Cheyenne, Conejos, Costilla, Delta, Dolores, Eagle, Garfield, Grand, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Jackson, Kit Carson, Lake, Larimer, Lincoln, Logan, Mineral, Moffat, Morgan, Ouray, Phillips, Pitkin, Prowers, Rio Blanco, Rio Grande, Routt, Saguache, San Juan, San Miguel, Sedgwick, Summit, Washington, Weld and Yuma; State of Nebraska: Arthur, Banner, Box Butte, Cheyenne, Dawes, Deuel, Dundy, Garden, Grant, Hooker, Keith, Kimball and Sheridan; State of Wyoming: Albany, Campbell, Carbon, Johnson, Niobrara and Platte. Employees [and their immediate families (including parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related] of KMGH, The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.(the McGraw-Hill Companies), Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc.("IBS"), The Dr. Oz Show, ZoCo Productions, Sony Pictures Television and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible.
- To enter: Entrants must enter at TheDenverChannel.com/contests between 4:00pm MT on Monday November 14, 2011 through 11:59 pm MT, Friday November 18, 2011. Only one entry per day per person allowed. Each day between Monday, November 14, 2011 and Friday, November 18, 2011 (the Promotional Period) watch The Dr. Oz Show on KMGH and look for the special Dr. Oz Word of the Day puzzle answer (the Puzzle Answer). You must enter the Puzzle Answer correctly at time of entry.
- Prize: One grand prize winner will receive roundtrip airfare from Denver to New York City, 2 Nights at a New York City Hotel within a ten mile radius of 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, New York and tickets to a The Dr. Oz Show taping for two. Full prize description: Two (2) round trip coach air fares between Denver and the New York City airport as chosen by KMGH-TV (with possible layovers); Room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of two (2) persons per room) for two (2) nights at a New York City Hotel within a ten mile radius of 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, New York selected by KMGH in its sole discretion. Two (2) tickets to a The Dr. Oz Show taping in January 2012 or February 2012 selected by KMGH in it sole description. Each winner and his/her guests must travel together on the same itinerary. The prize shall not include the following: airport departure fees and taxes; travel insurance; ground transportation; hotel room service; parking fees; laundry service; food; alcoholic beverages; merchandise, souvenirs, etc.; local and long distance telephone calls; tips, gratuities, service charges, resort fees or taxes; or all other charges not explicitly included in the packages pursuant to this Agreement. The prize (and all elements thereof) is not redeemable for cash and are non-transferable except in KMGH-TV sole and absolute discretion. The prize may not be sold or transferred to any other person or third party. The estimated retail value of the Vacation Package is two thousand five hundred ($2,000.00). Travelers under the age of eighteen (18) must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian. Sponsors, its parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies and their respective officers, directors employees and agents shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses injuries, demands, damages, actions, and /or causes of actions which arise out of and/or in any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize and/or the Promotion.
Five (5) people will win a secondary daily prize consisting of one of the following.
- One (1) Dr. Oz Bag $5.99
- One (1) Book You Being Beautiful $26.99
- Water Bottle $10.99
- Pedometer $10.99
- Prize Conditions: Prizes are supplied by the Sponsors. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or substitutable for any other item by winner. Prize can only be redeemed once, during one visit in a single transaction. No credit or cash value will be given for any unused portion of the prize. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value for any prize, for any reason. Winner is solely responsible for all expenses, costs and fees associated with acceptance and/or use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded including, without limitation, any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes, transportation, food, gratuity, plus any other incidentals and hotel charges. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize. Winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release form prior to receipt of a prize acknowledging that The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. has the right to publicize his/her name and likeness, the fact that he/she has won the a certain prize and all matters incidental thereto without the payment of any compensation for a period of one (1) year. The winner will be required to waive any and all claims against the Sponsors for any loss which may occur from participation in the contest or from the receipt or use of the prize. Non-compliance will result in disqualification and forfeit of prize.
- How to Win: Winners who have provided the required information will be selected at random on or about November 21, 2011 Winners will be contacted via phone and/or email on or about November 21, 2011 using the information provided on the entry form. Winner must provide KMGH with appropriate identification (Driver's License or picture ID) and pick up prize by December 2nd at KMGH located at 123 Speer Blvd Denver CO 80203 between Monday-Friday from 9am-4:30pm.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend upon the number of people entering giving the correct information and Puzzle Answer.
- Winner's List: For a winner's list, send a self addressed, stamped envelope, after November 21, 2011 to "Winners List" Dr. Oz Word of the Day Station: 123 Speer Blvd Denver CO 80203.
- Contest Conditions: The contestants and winners release the Sponsors, their respective affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest, including their respective employees, agents and representatives from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the contest and the awarding and use of the prizes, including liability for personal injury and/or property damage nor for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- Disqualification: In the event that a winner fails to claim his or her prize within 7 days of notification or fails to meet the eligibility requirements of the contest, the unawarded prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected at random from remaining entries.
- Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. and none will be returned. Winner will be required to give The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. his/her social security number, legal name, age, current address, and phone number for tax record keeping purposes only.
- Disputes: By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the judges. Any dispute regarding the sweepstakes or these rules will be resolved by a panel of judges from The McGraw-Hills Companies, Inc. and their decision shall be final.
- Official Rules are available at WWW.THEDENVERCHANNEL.COM or to receive a copy of these complete rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Dr. Oz Word of the Day Contest Rules, C/O Digital Coordinator, Station: 123 Speer Blvd Denver CO 80203.