Several brands of acetaminophen suspension for infants are being recalled because the syringes inside the box may not be marked to indicate dosages.
The FDA's website indicates the medicine, made by the Perrigo Company, is safe to use. The unmarked syringes, however, could result in the wrong dosage being administered to a child.
The correct syringe should have a white or yellow plunger with specific dose markings for 1.25 mL, 2.5 mL, 3.75 mL, and 5 mL.
The following labels and batch numbers are included in this recall:
- BABIES R US, 3KK0606
- CARE ONE, 3HK0564
- EQUALINE, 3HK0672
- EQUATE, 3HK0672, 3JK0433, 3JK0594, 3JK0595, 3JK0653, 3JK0673, 3KK0815, 3KK0817
- HARMON FACE VALUES, 3JK0594
- HEALTH MART, 3HK0671
- HEALTHY ACCENTS, 3HK0671, 3KK0606
- HEB, 3KK0606
- KROGER, 3GK0645, 3GK0704, 3HK0671, 3JK0433, 3JK0595, 3JK0653, 3JK0433, 3JK0595, 3GK0645, 3GK0704, 3JK0595
- LEADER DRUG, 3JK0433, 3JK0594
- MEIJER, 3JK0594, 3JK0597
- PUBLIX, 3JK0595
- RITE AID, 3GK0704
- TOPCARE, 3KK0359, 3KK0494
- UP & UP, 3HK0672
- WALGREEN, 3GK0704, 3HK0564, 3HK0671, 3JK0433, 3JK0595, 3JK0610, 3KK0360
Learn more on the FDA's website: www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm373338.htm