DENVER - Centura Health is asking every Coloradan to show their support for breast cancer awareness and prevention by helping Turn Colorado Pink. Through a statewide partnership with participating Ace Hardware stores, the Boot Barn (Pueblo location only) and the CSU-Pueblo Bookstore, supporters can buy a $1.99 pink light bulb and $1 of the proceeds will be dedicated to breast cancer education, detection and care programs through Centura Health’s hospital foundations. The hospital foundations provide support to communities across the state, so funds raised at each locally owned Ace Hardware will stay in their local community.
Centura Health cares for more patients than any other health system in Colorado and it is a leader in cancer care through the Centura Health Cancer Network. By partnering with Ace Hardware, Centura Health wants to increase awareness and show community support for women and men fighting breast cancer.
The Turn Colorado Pink initiative, which will run through the month of October, asks supporters to purchase the pink bulbs and to get involved by:
- Visit CenturaConnected.org to learn more about the program and to find out where to buy your pink light bulb at one of 50 retail locations throughout the state.
- Replace your porch light or any light bulb in your home with a pink bulb as a visible signal of your support.
- Bask in the pink glow of knowing that you are connected with Centura Health as together we work in our communities to support women and men facing the fight of their lives.
“This October, together with our 15,100 Centura Health associates from Denver to Durango, we’re showing our support for breast cancer awareness by turning Colorado pink,” said Gary Campbell, president and CEO of Centura Health. “Through the Centura Health Cancer Network, we combine the resources of the state’s top physicians and providers and our foundations provide critical support to those life-saving efforts. Please help us let those locked in a battle with cancer know they are not alone.”
“The fight against breast cancer is something that touches everyone in Colorado in some way, including our customers, employees, friends and neighbors,” said Bill Moore, chairman of the board of directors for the Rocky Mountain Ace Stores dealer group and owner of two Colorado stores. “Each Ace Hardware store owner is actively involved in the local community in various ways and breast cancer awareness is one issue that unites us all. By partnering with Centura Health, we hope to shine a pink light across the state in support of people facing this fight.”
Centura Health Cancer Network Fast Facts
- The Centura Health Cancer Network consists of five accredited cancer centers, five accredited breast programs, and 6,000 world-class physician partners with access to a statewide network including five imaging diagnostic centers, Health at Home services, palliative care and seven affiliated partners.
- From diagnosis through treatment and rehabilitation, the Centura Health Cancer Network’s integrative treatment approach combines conventional tools such as surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and immunotherapy with complementary therapies that include nutritional support, mind-body medicine, physical therapy, pain management, genetic counseling and spiritual support.
- Last year, the Centura Health Cancer Network treated more than 6,200 newly diagnosed patients.
- Centura Health is actively involved in the investigation and development of advanced cancer care through scientific research and clinical trials.
- Approximately eight percent of Centura Health patients are enrolled in clinical trials, providing them access to the most up-to-date medication and treatment protocols.