Go Slow Whoa Program
The Go, Slow, Whoa program helps children in school make healthy food choices in a fun way. "Go" foods are foods kids can eat anytime, while "Slow" foods should be eaten only a few times per week. "Whoa" foods are the least healthy foods which can only be eaten every once-in-a-while. A green, yellow, and red light illustration helps kids follow the signs.
Families can also use the model at home to help reinforce this simple healthy eating model. Variety and moderation are key to a healthy diet for kids. Go, Slow, Whoa helps kids eat this way each day whether eating out, at school, or at home. The program is designed to help kids understand the difference between the healthy, and less healthy options in each food group.
Lean meats (grilled, baked or roasted), fat-free and 1% white milk, fresh, frozen and canned fruits (in own juice) and vegetables, whole grains (pasta, cereals, brown rice), beans (without added fat.)
Breaded, baked meats and meats with skin, flavored milk, 2% white milk, refined grains (pasta, creals, white rice), baked chips, low-fat dressing.
Candy, regular chips, French fries, anything fried, soda, whole milk, creamy salad dressing, creamy sauces.
Intrepid 7NEWS reporter Lindsey Sablan and photojournalist Bruce Wilson broadcast what may be a first in TV news: a live report and interview while ice skating.
A video of a squirrel having trouble keeping its balance is going viral.
One little girl's matter-of-fact Christmas wish list is proof that the possibilities are as endless as your imagination.
Nelson Mandela, the former South African President and anti-apartheid revolutionary, has …
Take a look back at some of the highlights of Nelson Mandela's life and legacy
This is the coldest weather we have seen since February 2011. The bitter cold temperatures will greet you as you walk out the door. Denver officially hit 15 below zero, tying the record low for this day. Wednesday set a record low temperature at DIA of 13 below, the previous record was 5 below from 2008.
A Denver woman says her bridesmaids put deposits on dresses at a Lakewood bridal store in…
Two or more cases of pertussis, also known as whooping cough, are being reported at seven…
More Top Stories
- Murder indictment in 'Ms. Puppy' case
- Sketch released of deadly fight suspect
- Get the new, free 7NEWS apps; Win a car
- Fast-food workers protest for higher pay
- Argosy Univ. to pay $3.3M to settle case
- No Anchorman on ESPN today
- Colorado rock slide survivor improving
- District administrator placed on leave
- Denver hits record low 2 days in a row
- No Anchorman on ESPN today
- Walker autopsy complete; results Wed.
- Study: Most US silent films lost
- Town honors late actor James Gandolfini
- Bruce Lee's famous jumpsuit up for grabs
- Sam Champion leaves ABC for TWC
- Lady Gaga unveils life-size dolls
- 'Catching Fire,' 'Frozen' break records
- Speed a factor in Paul Walker crash
- 'Fast and Furious' star dies in crash