Go Slow Whoa Program
The Go, Slow, Whoa program helps children in school make healthy food choices in a fun way. "Go" foods are foods kids can eat anytime, while "Slow" foods should be eaten only a few times per week. "Whoa" foods are the least healthy foods which can only be eaten every once-in-a-while. A green, yellow, and red light illustration helps kids follow the signs.
Families can also use the model at home to help reinforce this simple healthy eating model. Variety and moderation are key to a healthy diet for kids. Go, Slow, Whoa helps kids eat this way each day whether eating out, at school, or at home. The program is designed to help kids understand the difference between the healthy, and less healthy options in each food group.
Lean meats (grilled, baked or roasted), fat-free and 1% white milk, fresh, frozen and canned fruits (in own juice) and vegetables, whole grains (pasta, cereals, brown rice), beans (without added fat.)
Breaded, baked meats and meats with skin, flavored milk, 2% white milk, refined grains (pasta, creals, white rice), baked chips, low-fat dressing.
Candy, regular chips, French fries, anything fried, soda, whole milk, creamy salad dressing, creamy sauces.
Kmart is at it again! They have released a new online ad that's going viral.
A vendor at Houston's Minute Maid Park has been fired after a fan filmed him taking a tray of snow cones into a stadium bathroom and putting it on the floor of the stall while using the facilities.
Graduation is generally a big deal for high school students. But one soon-to-be grad wants to make it even better by asking Taylor Swift to walk him up the stage for the big day.
An Interstate 5 bridge has collapsed over a river in Washington State, sending vehicles …
Denver police are investigating a crash involving a wanted party at Mississippi and …
Just one hour after the state prison director placed parole chief Tim Hand on …
Patrick Roy is coming back to Denver. The NHL Hall of Famer is the new head coach of the…
Five newborn puppies were found dumped in a park trash can Tuesday and Douglas County …
More Top Stories
- Deputies: 4 burglars caught in the act
- No charges in Highlands Ranch shooting
- Areas of fog tonight, hotter Friday
- Public urination ends fugitive's run
- Drones raise privacy questions
- Attys. debate insanity plea legal issues
- Lakewood PD searches for missing man
- Hearing in maid slavery case
- Mistrial declared in Jodi Arias trial
- 'GMA' host Robin Roberts to write memoir
- DWTS: Season 16 Super Blogger Final Week
- Barbra Streisand to receive honorary PhD
- Archie Comics' cover to feature gay kiss
- Taylor Swift tops Billboard Awards
- DWTS: Season 16 Super Blogger Week #9
- Day 1 of Andy Williams auction nets $46M
- REVIEW: 'Star Trek Into Darkness'
- Drake nominated for 12 BET Awards
- Angelina Jolie had double mastectomy