Wild Eggs' breakfast burrito
Last Updated: 142 days ago
2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup chorizo, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup white onion, diced
1/4 cup poblano pepper, diced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar Jack cheese
1 cup American white cheese
1/2 cup cream or milk
1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno
1 tablespoon (or more, to taste) jalapeno juice from the jar
1 can black beans, drained
1/2 cup white onions, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
Juice of one lime
Method of Preparation:
1. Melt butter and add oil.
2. Saute onion, chorizo and pepper until softened and beginning to brown.
3. Add beaten eggs and scramble all together.
4. Warm tortilla. Sprinkle on grated cheddar jack cheese. Add scrambled egg mixture and roll up as burrito.
5. Top with queso sauce and serve with side of Mexican black beans
6. Make queso sauce: Melt grated cheese and 1/4 cup cream, stirring well. Add more cream if needed to make a thick but pourable sauce. Stir in the chopped jalapenos and the juice from the pepper jar. Taste and adjust seasonings.
7. Make Mexican beans: In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil until shimmery and add the onions. Cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the drained beans, oregano, cumin and lime juice. Taste and adjust seasoning. Top burrito with sour cream, pico de gallo and chopped avocado.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.