7 in the kitchen: Steubens' salmon recipe
A recipe from Chef Brandon Biederman
Last Updated: 129 days ago
5-7 Each sweet potatoes
4T Butter melted
1T Parsley Fresh Chopped
1T Basil Fresh Chopped
.5T Thyme Fresh Chopped
.5T Garlic Fresh Minced
- Toss raw potatoes in melted butter, garlic, fresh herbs, salt & pepper
- Roast mixture on parchment lined baking tray for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown, in a 350-degree oven.
2 7-8OZ Salmon Fillets skin on
- In a hot sauté pan add oil and add fish fillets skin side up until the flesh is golden brown, turn fish over to crisp up the skin.
- Remove fillets and set aside.
- In the same sauté pan add roasted sweet potatoes, and 1T butter.
- Over low to medium heat toss sweet potatoes to heat through and the butter melts to make a pan sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt pepper and lemon.
Bacon Braised Collard Greens
5# Collard Greena, julienned
1# Bacon, Diced
.5C Shallot, minced
.5# Brown Sugar
.25C Lemon Juice
.25C Maple Syrup
2C Chicken Stock
- In a large pot render the bacon in the butter.
- Saute the shallot and garlic in the rendered fat and butter
- Add the brown sugar and stir well, allow the sugar to carmalize for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, maple syrup, and stock and reduce by half.
- Add collard greens and cook until tender.
- Season with salt and papper to taste.
- Set aside.
.5# Carrot, fine diced
.5# Celery fine diced
1.5# Corn kennels, fresh
.25# red pepper fine diced
.25# pablano pepper fine diced
1ea garlic clove minced
1ea jalepeno thin sliced
.25C white wine vinegar
.5T Kosher salt
.25T black pepper
.5C Extra virgin olive oil
- mix all item together in a large bowl and let sit 24hours (or more).
- Place potatoes and collard greens in the center of the plate and top with fish fillet.
- Top with chow chow.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.