Conflicting reports on health of Lil Wayne

Rapper tweets he's OK

LOS ANGELES - Rapper Lil Wayne was in intensive care Friday after suffering more unexplained seizures, according to celebrity gossip website TMZ.com.

The report was disputed by a close friend of Wayne, and later, Wayne himself.

The 30-year-old was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles earlier this week after collapsing while filming the music video for Nicki Minaj's new single, 'High School'.

Doctors released him on Wednesday but then one of his bodyguards found him unconscious of the floor, gossip website TMZ.com reported.

Wayne was placed in a medically-induced coma in intensive care, according to TMZ.  His condition was reported as "unstable" and his mother was said to be flying to his side.

The TMZ report was disputed by Wayne’s artist and Young Money President Mack Maine who tweeted, “dont believe the nonsense about comas and tubes to breathe…that’s false!!”

He also said,  "We (are) watching the Syracuse (basketball) game...thanks for the prayers and concern..he will update you all soon."

Update: A later tweet on Lil Wayne's Twitter page said, "I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love."

Print this article Back to Top