DENVER - She's our new 7NEWS Now morning anchor and since she is new to Denver and Colorado, we've asked her for 7 interesting facts that people may not know about her from reading her online bio.
Here's her response:
1. I have scaled the Great Wall of China! I was fortunate enough to be part of Season 10 of "The Amazing Race," and although it was a brief appearance, it allowed me to experience parts of the world in a unique and magnificent way. We did everything from loading a "ger" onto a camel in Mongolia, to climbing the Great Wall, and riding a rickshaw through the busy streets of Beijing. These are life moments that I will always cherish.
2. I am a NASM Certified Personal Trainer. Fitness and nutrition are two passions of mine because both have a huge impact on quality of life. Becoming a certified trainer allowed me to dig into the science behind movement to learn how to properly strengthen and condition the body for a healthy active life. I hope to use this knowledge to motivate others.
3. I love to cook! In my opinion, cooking is an expression of love and appreciation for your health and the health of those you cook for. I am always looking for new healthy recipes to try, so please share your favorites.
4. My husband and I love to hike. We are excited to explore the great trails in Colorado. If you have any favorites please let us know.
5. I once worked behind the scenes on a major motion picture starring George Clooney. Yes, I met him several times and yes, he is just as amazing and kind as people say he is.
6. I take a nap every day. People always ask me how I manage the insane morning show hours. For me, the secret to sanity is NAPS! I’ve been doing the morning show hours for six years and it works for me.
7. I’m a huge college football fan. Growing up in South Carolina, you are taught at an early age that college football is a way of life. I will always and forever be a Gamecock fan!
What else would you like to know about Kellie? Have any favorite hikes or recipes you'd like to share? Email her at kellie@TheDenverChannel.com or contact her on Twitter at @kelliepatterson or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KelliePattersonTV